Machine Operator (Reno, NV) – Full Time
Shift: M-F, 3pm – 11pm (2nd Shift)
Rate of Pay: $12.00 an hour with opportunity for generous performance bonuses
Location: Aircenter Circle (Near Longley and Mira Loma). Bus Line Accessible.
Reno Staffing is looking for a Machine Operator to set up, run and operate paper cutting machinery for a production facility in Reno. It must be emphasized that this position requires physical strength and stamina, so the ideal candidate must be able to lift 40lbs consistently and repeatedly over the course of the shift.
Operates machine or machines that either fanfolds or rewinds paper into bundles or rolls by performing the following duties. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Operates fanfold machine or rewinding machine ensuring product is cut to proper length and width.
· Loads rolls of paper on machine backstands and threads paper between feed rollers to wind smaller rolls of 2-ply or 3-ply of paper.
· Observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding which may cause out of spec condition.
· Guides fanfold bundle into off-load conveyor once bundle is finished.
· Adjusts and regulates air pressures for brakes, tension and web control, adjust speed and alignment settings for paper.
· Removes strapped bundle or rolls from conveyor and places on pallet in upright or horizontal position according to skid loading diagram.
· Applies splice tape to bundle and may apply splice tape to rolls.
· Checks finished product to ensure it meets product specs.
· Verify product is correct to schedule and set up.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Please submit your resume below or call Reno Staffing to schedule an appointment at 775-356-1137.
Submit your resume
Reno Staffing continues to get employment requests from local businesses in Reno, Sparks, Carson, McCarran and Tahoe. Submit your resume here and we will keep it on file.